Participate in our
- Eligibility: The competition is open to all registered students (currently under a bachelor, master or Phd program). Only teams of 3-4 students can participate.
- Submission guidelines: Teams must submit their composition until de 25th April on this form. If you don’t have a team but want to participate, the schedule is the same. We will try to place you in a team after that, if possible. Participants must develop an idea with positive social impact which addresses an healthcare problem presented by CUF (A major portuguese network of clinics and hospitals). After knowing the problem, participants must develop and finally submit a digital presentention. The final presentation should be submitted in digital format (PDF or PPT) until the 6th May, through email@example.com.
- Theme: “In recent months, with the democratization of ChatGPT – a natural language processing tool that can recognize, summarize, translate, predict, and generate a large volume of content based on what it learned from massive amounts of data – Artificial Intelligence has gained special prominence. With the growing wave of enthusiasm about this topic, thousands of solutions have been launched in various areas and sectors in just a few months. Since 2019, CUF has been using solutions that, through Artificial Intelligence, allow improving image quality and resolution, reducing the time required to perform some exams, finding evidence that would not be possible to identify so early through human observation, contacting clients after outpatient surgery and collecting information about their clinical status, among others. Despite the solutions we already have in operation, we believe that there are many more to explore, particularly solutions that were built to solve needs in other sectors but can also be very useful in healthcare. That being said, we challenge all participants to analyze the Artificial Intelligence solutions that have emerged in recent months, mainly in other sectors of activity, and structure a proposal on how that solution or technology could be useful in solving a problem for CUF. It is essential to emphasize that the solution can solve a clinical problem, customer service, hotel management, operational efficiency, or even maintenance.”
- Participation Fee: There is no fee included for Master Tickets, Pro Tickets or for participants who acquired two Daily Tickets (including the 7th May). For other participants there is a €8 fee (in the case you register without a team and don’t get to be place in one, that value will be reimbursed).
- Evaluation criteria: Solutions will be evaluated based on the following criteria: originality, relevance to biomedical innovation in healthcare (either relating treatments, diagnosis, rehabilitation, monitorization), clarity of presentation, and overall impact in society.
- Deadlines: Teams, or individuals looking for a team, competing must submit their informations in this form until the 28th April. On the 26th April the solution will be presented. On the 3rd May a first online session to clarify doubts and curate solutions will take place. The final will be held during the last day of the event on 7th May.
- Judging panel: A diverse panel of experts in the field of biomedical innovation in healthcare will evaluate the solutions and determine the winners.
- Prizes: The best solution will win €400 and a special intership in CUF, the second best solution will win €200. Other prizes are being prepared.
- Presentation: Ideas will be presented during the event, on stage, to the entire public during 4 minutes pitches. Only registered participants will be given the opportunity to present and discuss their ideas with the judges and other attendees. If for some reason you won’t be able to attend the event presencially, and you are in Portugal, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Code of conduct: All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Plagium of fellow participant’s work, or of already existent work in the field, will not be allowed in the competition. Any participant found to be in violation of this code of conduct will be disqualified from the competition without refund.