- Eligibility: The competition is open to all registered students (currently under a bachelor, master or Phd program), non-student researchers (up until 30 years old) working in fields related to healthcare or biomedical innovation.
- Submission guidelines: Participants must submit a poster on a topic related to biomedical innovation in healthcare. Projects concerning applications in areas such as biomedical engineering, biomedical sciences, medicine, veterinary, dentistry and other healthcare related fields will be considered valid for submission. Posters should be in English, and should include an abstract, introduction, methods, results, and conclusion. The poster should be in A0 size and in portrait format. The poster should be submitted in digital format (PDF or JPG) until the 10th of April, through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participation Fee: The fee for participation in the scientific poster competition is €8 for students under a bachelor, €16 under a master program, €25 for students under a Phd program and €40 for non-student researchers . Payment can be made via bank transfer after the 9th february using the adequate credentials given by team after the poster submission through email. The fee will be used to cover the costs of the venue and prizes. Low-income participants may apply for a waiver or scholarship. Refunds will be given for withdrawals made before the deadline. The fee is non-refundable if the participant is disqualified from the competition due to a violation of the rules or code of conduct. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us through email@example.com.
- Evaluation criteria: Posters will be evaluated based on the following criteria: scientific rigor, originality, relevance to biomedical innovation in healthcare (either relating treatments, diagnosis, rehabilitation, monitorization), clarity of presentation, and overall impact.
- Deadlines: The deadline for poster submissions is 10th of April (new date). Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Judging panel: A diverse panel of experts in the field of biomedical innovation in healthcare will evaluate the posters and determine the winners.
- Prizes: The best scientific poster will win €600, the second best poster €300 and the third place will receive €150.
- Presentation: All selected posters will be displayed during the event. Only registered participants will be given the opportunity to present and discuss their work with the judges and other attendees. If for some reason you won’t be able to attend the event presencially, and you are in Portugal, please contact us.
- Publication: All admitted posters will be published in the proceedings of the event and will be available online. For who publishes a poster, there will be also the opportunity to publish an article without no additional fees for that.
- Code of conduct: All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Plagium of fellow participant’s work, or of already existent work in the field, will not be allowed in the competition. Any participant found to be in violation of this code of conduct will be disqualified from the competition without refund.
- Additional Criteria: Special Situations will be dealt between the Organizing Committee and the Jury according to ethical principles.